Sunday, May 17, 2009

mmm...couldnt think of a title

Well as usual I'm too lazy (and not creative enough) to post frequently, newayz couple of weeks into college and I'm still lazy (nothing new there).



Did You Know ???

I've come across the phrase 'riding shotgun' in one of Tom Clancy's books and also in Taylor Swifts song 'Our Song', anyway it means ::

'To travel as an armed guard next to a vehicle's driver. Latterly, (chiefly in the USA) - to travel in a car's front passenger seat.' [phrases.org.uk]

It correctly states 'Latterly...to travel in a car's front passenger seat.' because it's most commonly used as this nowadays (though in Tom Clancy's book it meant the previous).

Newayz if your obsessed with knowing the history of words you can also try en.wikipedia.org.



Some Stuff this Week

Well not this week but veronicas have come out with a new music video 'Untouched'... I think they have tried to give the video a gothic feel...I'm not sure what they tried but for the most part they suc...ceded for a mainstream music duo.

Anyway Star Trek came out last week, the review from Rotten Tomatoes were quite positive. Sadly I have not yet watched it, so no personal reviews.

Angels and Demons has come out this week in most countries, and reviews are not yet out and I have not watched it yet. But I won't be expecting much, the trailer [watch this as well] seems nice, but... I read books and distrust its conversion into movies (in no way I'm I say i don't like them ;-))...so I don't have high expectations (then I won't be disappointed if it's bad, and even if it's OK I'll be excited).

No comments:

Post a Comment